Filling Pieces is an Amsterdam based fashion label with a strong core in luxury footwear. Founded in 2009 by Guillaume Philibert, the brand aims to bridge the gaps between different worlds. Influenced by the melting pot of roots, the founder believes in bringing together opposites and creating a world where talent and creativity can flourish.
What started out with one sneaker that was created to form a bridge between the streetwear and high-end fashion segments, has now grown into a design label with an extended product portfolio of ready-to-wear and accessories. All products are carefully made, mostly in Portugal, with high value for quality and craftsmanship. Its global distribution network exists of high-end boutiques, department stores and top-tier sneaker accounts which include Barneys New York, KITH, SSENSE, Selfridges, United Arrows & Sons, Mr Porter, and END. Clothing.
Having a strong and diverse cultural background and deeply rooted connection to the worlds of art, architecture, music and sports, the brand champions its international community of like-minded people, with seasonal activations, showrooms, activations and experiences in London, Paris and New York and hometown Amsterdam.
Filling Pieces’ headquarters is home to a group of talented people with a multitude of ethnicities and backgrounds, which gives the brand its global outlook. The company also has a production office and development lab in Portugal. Within the next few years the brands ambition is to open up physical retail locations in key markets, London, New York, Paris and Amsterdam, while also expanding its e-commerce.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are now looking for an experienced Art Director for the Marketing department at Filling Pieces. The Art Director works in close collaboration with our Brand Manager and Creative Director to maintain and improve our visual aesthetics and tone of voice across all touch-points, from digital assets, editorial and advertising content to POS assets and in-store activations. From ideation to development and creation. You will be responsible for driving, optimising and delivering material to an exceptionally high level, why you will need an ability to push innovative solutions applicable to content level and marketing strategy.
- Conceptualize creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent for each assigned project
- Ensure that the creative output is consistent and in line with project objectives, with consistency across all creative touch points, and that concepts are aligned across all media
- Content creation, develop content requests into creative concepts
- Elaborate, visualize and present creative concepts
- Research and analyze past and current trends and projects and deliver input for the design department
- Create creative briefs for photographers, videographers, designers etc.
- Research and analyze current visual (photographic and design) trends as well as data from past projects to maintain the relevance of the brand and vision.
- Oversee artistic direction from pre to post production, with an ambition to push design boundaries
- Plan, concept and execute elevated photography and video content. Co-manage the process from concept ideation to post production, including proposing photographers, directors, stylists and casting, and pulling relevant references
- 3+ years’ experience in working at a global fashion label or global agency
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, or related area
- Proven industry experience within fashion market and a strong understanding of branding
- Proven experience in art direction for editorial or consumer brands
- Experience in photo shooting on location, in studio and video direction
- Technical knowledge and strong kills of Adobe Suite and Keynote
- Technical knowledge of photography, photo shooting, graphic design, art layout, installation, interior, digital design and lighting
- Innate ability to review and strategise creative concepts relevant to brand image
- Strong interest and views within design platforms, streetwear and high-end fashion, art, architecture
- Strong planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive and solution-oriented
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English
Wat bieden wij
- Informal work culture i.e. we play table tennis during lunch time
- Great location in Amsterdam central
- Credits and discount on Filling Pieces shoes and clothing
- We have a chef who provides warm lunch everyday
- Pension scheme
- 24 vacation days
- 8% holiday allowance