Filling Pieces is an Amsterdam based fashion label with a strong core in luxury footwear. Founded in 2009 by Guillaume Philibert, the brand aims to bridge the gaps between different worlds. Influenced by the melting pot of roots, the founder believes in bringing together opposites and creating a world where talent and creativity can flourish.
What started out with one sneaker that was created to form a bridge between the streetwear and high-end fashion segments, has now grown into a design label with an extended product portfolio of ready-to-wear and accessories. All products are carefully made, mostly in Portugal, with high value for quality and craftsmanship. Its global distribution network exists of high-end boutiques, department stores and top-tier sneaker accounts which include Barneys New York, KITH, SSENSE, Selfridges, United Arrows & Sons, Mr Porter, and END. Clothing.
Having a strong and diverse cultural background and deeply rooted connection to the worlds of art, architecture, music and sports, the brand champions its international community of like-minded people, with seasonal activations, showrooms, activations and experiences in London, Paris and New York and hometown Amsterdam.
Filling Pieces’ headquarters is home to a group of talented people with a multitude of ethnicities and backgrounds, which gives the brand its global outlook. The company also has a production office and development lab in Portugal. Within the next few years the brands ambition is to open up physical retail locations in key markets, London, New York, Paris and Amsterdam, while also expanding its e-commerce.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Marketing Manager who will lead the marketing team. In this role you will be responsible for further improving the brand’s position and resonance with the modern consumer and community. This role includes involvement in all marketing strategies, activities and partnerships to elevate the brand in order to consistently drive global brand awareness across all target markets and various relevant channels. Additionally, you are responsible for coordinating all marketing assets and brand materials for Filling Pieces, working closely with the Digital Marketing, Creative teams and the Brand Manager.
- Leading the marketing team with full management responsibilities, including resource planning
- Guide and manage Creative & Project team aligned with marketing plan and release campaign
- Create, refine and execute marketing workflows
- Collaborate with Brand Manager to develop and implement key marketing storytelling to ensure consistent messaging, and provide communications requirements to creative team
- Coordinate global marketing campaigns and key product launches, from conception to global channel execution
- Collaborate with Brand Manager on development of global brand and consumer experience and activities, considering all aspects of communication
- Ensure execution and brand experience across multiple channels and storytelling is connected, relevant, makes an impact and adds value.
- Partner with Brand Manager to strategically plan and oversee annual marketing budget
- Create and maintain a structured communications and marketing calendar detailing events, product launches, activations and campaigns, website and social media platforms in close collaboration with Brand Manager and Digital Marketing Manager.
- Manage and execute collaboration projects and with external partners and Creative Director and Brand Manager
- Work closely with the Creative Team to define key themes, messages and marketing materials and programs
- Research and present insights about industry landscape, competitor activity, innovation and trends
- Develop clear creative briefs for advertising, campaigns, social media, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with all key press & strategic contacts where possible together with the Brand Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications
- 5+ years’ experience as a manager within the fashion industry or in similar position
- 3+ years’ experience of complex project management
- Experience from luxury branding and streetwear branding
- Proven experience working with a Creative Director on an international basis.
- Proven track record in growing fashion brands or streetwear brands in their home market, new international markets and developing territories
- Proven track record of working on activations and events
- Understanding of what it takes to build a strong brand long-term, paired with a commercial mindset
- Introduce unique and innovative marketing ideas
- Ability to align people with different perspectives and priorities towards common objectives
- Strong planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
- A strong interest in fashion, art, culture and music
- Ability to travel on an ad hoc basis throughout the year
- Very well connected internationally with influential industry individuals
- Ability to think proactively, prioritise multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to contribute creative, innovative ideas and solutions
- Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
- Is able to identify digital and social opportunities for the brand
- Experience in Keynote
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
Wat bieden wij
- Informal work culture i.e. we play table tennis during lunch time
- Great location in Amsterdam central
- Credits and discount on Filling Pieces shoes and clothing
- We have a chef who provides warm lunch everyday
- Pension scheme
- 24 vacation days
- 8% holiday allowance