Wayne Parker Kent is the largest online-only publisher in The Netherlands, with 19 Dutch lifestyle brands focussed on anything from fashion to gaming. We have our own agency called WPK/The Agency, which works for international brands such as Booking.com, Samsung and FedEx.
Functieomschrijving & werkzaamheden
For one of our major clients, we’re launching a fashion and beauty initiative focussed on the German market. A new digital platform meant to promote our client and their brands to German customers. An online lifestyle magazine that needs talented content creators. Like you.
Tell me more…
We are looking for a Freelance Editor and Chief Editor to help develop a new commercial lifestyle platform focussed on beauty and fashion. It’s important to note that we start off with a 2,5 month pilot run and see how the project will continue from there on.
As Chief Editor, you will be in charge of the editorial team and responsible for its performance. As this is a commercial project, you will be in direct contact with the client to ensure that their commercial needs align with your editorial vision. You will be in charge of content creation, distribution and optimization. Utilizing as many traffic sources as possible to grow the platform. Using insights gained from cold hard data and analytics that you know how to unearth.
As Editor, you will be part of the editorial team and responsible for its content output. This means you think of, look for, curate, collect and create kickass content for your platform each and every day. Always keeping in mind the commercial needs of the client.
Together, you will shape and guard the editorial formula and tone of voice. Building this new lifestyle media brand from the ground up. Quite the challenge, right?
I love challenges. What should I bring to the table?
- You’re available full-time as a freelancer for (at least) 2,5 months.
- You’re a native German speaker.
- You’re an advanced English speaker.
- You have superb writing skills in both English ánd German.
- Experience in editorial work is mandatory.
- Experience in commercial content is optional, but recommended.
- Experience in content marketing is optional, but recommended.
And if you want to apply for the position of Chief Editor, you should also have…
- Experience in analyzing data and using that to optimize your content.
- Experience in managing and leading team(s).
- A clear vision on digital publishing and/or content marketing.
What’s in it for me? Apart from the awesome job, obviously.
- A place in our commercial editorial team.
- A nice office located in the centre of Amsterdam.
- A chance to help build a commercial brand with the support of the most creative publisher and
- agency in The Netherlands.
- A lot of resources to help you create awesome content.
- A competitive salary.